Header Mine

Header Mine

Sunday 8 January 2017

Cupid Love!

                                Happy New Year Whimsy Fans! 

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year's.  A new year and a new month means a New Release in the Whimsy Digital Shop! What an amazing way to start a New Year!

There are so many cuties to choose from in this release I had a hard time figuring out which one to colour first! Add to that the new sentiments and digital paper! ...... well let's just say it's good I had some time off work to play! 

I chose to use "Cupid" for my card. With Valentine's Day just around the corner this cutie is perfect for you Valentine's Day cards.




I started by colouring my stamp with alcohol markers and then fussy cut it out.  I didn't intend to fussy cut this one but I had one of my red markers explode just above Cupid's head so fussy cutting was a necessity for this one. 
After that catastrophe was taken care of, I pulled out some baby blue ink to create my sky and cut it out with a stitched oval die. 

Then came the really fun part - choosing the digital papers I wanted to use from the new release! I chose them, printed them off and put together my card base. I wanted to keep my papers more on the neutral side so the image popped off the card. It is hard to see but I added some sparkle to the rose and the love word with a sparkle pen.

I added some die cut clouds and filled in his wings with Nuvo Crystal drops. The wood love word and arrow was coloured with a matching alcohol marker. Cotton lace ribbon,a die cut border and some photo corners finish off my card. 

Card Recipe
Stamp: Cupid - Whimsy Digital 
Patterned Paper: Butterfly Breeze Papers 2, Fresh Rose Papers - Whimsy Digital 
Honey Gold - Nuvo Crystal Drops, White gel pen, Red Berry Spectrum Sparkle marker, Stitched Oval die - YNS, Baby Blue ink - Memories Ink Pad, 3D foam squares - Scrapbook Adhesives, Crocheted Lace Ribbon - Crafts, Head in the Clouds Die - Die'sires, Tattered Lace border die, Photo corners - Quickutz, wood Love - Kaisercraft

Spectrum Markers: FS5 FS2 TN2 FS8 DR5 DR1 DR7 LG1 LG2 LG3 PP3 PP5 1G1 1G2 CT1 CT2 GB11

Don't forget to pop by the Whimsy Digital shop to see all of the new stamps, sentiments and paper! 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


1 comment :

  1. Another super adorable card! Love those digital papers and the cute clouds!

    ReplyDelete