Header Mine

Header Mine

Sunday 10 July 2016

Horse Note Cards

This weekend I challenged myself. Firstly, I wanted to play around with some ink blending, secondly I wanted to use patterned paper and cardstock scraps only (except for card bases) and thirdly to keep my card layout simple. 

Below is the end result of the personal challenges I gave myself. 






I started by creating my ink blended backgrounds - I still need some practice on this but I'm pretty happy with how they came out. I added some scripty words with a word stamp and markers. One the last one I included some ink splats as well. Then I raided my stash of patterned paper and card stock and assembled my cards. Twine and leather lacing was added to two of them and then I stamped the sentiments and voila! The finished size of each card is 4x4. 
I haven't decided if I will give these as a gift set to someone or use them for myself, but I am quite happy with how they came out. I think I may just try doing some with flowers! 

Card Recipe
Stamps: Horse - Inkadinkado, Words - Local King Rubber Stamps, Mini Ink Splatter - Your Next Stamp
Sentiments: Everyday Moments - Whimsy Stamps
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Lavender Lace, Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink - Stampin' Up 
Patterned Paper: Family Jeans - gcd Studios, and my stash 
Baker's Twine, Leather Lacing (stash)

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!!!

2 comments :

  1. Donna these are gorgeous and fab stamp

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the horse cards i am going to tr to make cat ones for a wedding present

    ReplyDelete