Header Mine

Header Mine

Saturday 25 June 2016

Vintage Masculine Birthday

I have something a little different to share with you today. I have stepped completely! out of my comfort zone on this card. No colouring and vintage - two things I have never attempted before. And then add to that masculine! 

Totally scary to not colour an image for my card but so fun to use different stamps and inks to create my vintage feel background paper and try something new!

I have quite a few men in my life that love their classic cars so this stamp set from Carabelle Studios was a must have when I saw it. This is one of two cars in the set.





I started by choosing a neutral, tan card stock. I used distress ink that was a few shades darker then my card stock and blended my ink around the edges and into the centre of my paper. A post mark, ink splat and words background stamp gave me the perfect additions to add. I used a tan Marvy marker, again a couple shades darker then my ink to stamp the "pieces" of my paper. I loosely ran the marker over the stamp, gave it a "puff" to moisten it and then stamped.
Some hemp cord, keys and brads finish off my card. 

Card Recipe
Stamp: "Voitures" - Carabelle Studios
Sentiment: Every Day Moments - Whimsy Stamps
Mini Ink Splat - Your Next Stamp
Words - Local King Rubber Stamp Company 
Post Mark stamp: Polly - Whimsy Stamps
Ink: Walnut Stain and Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Inkessentials Blending tool and foam - Ranger
Keys: from my stash
Hemp Jewelry Cord - from my stash
Brads - from my stash
Tan marker: Marvy Plume 
Card Stock: Recollections

It felt really good to challenge myself and step out of my comfort zone to create this card. I hope you have enjoyed my post today.

Thanks for stopping by! Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated. 
Have a fantastic day! 



1 comment :

  1. LOVE IT! You totally rocked the Vintage look! Proud of you for going out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete