Header Mine

Header Mine

Tuesday 3 February 2015

High Hopes Guest Designer Card

This week, I have the honour of being a guest designer at High Hopes Rubber Stamps. The challenge is Anything High Hopes. For this card I inked up Lenny's Love Me Nots - he makes me smile. 

I didn't do a "standard" card layout for this one ( the instructions are in the Spring 2015 issue of Card Maker Magazine).

I had a few challenges with this card - 1. to not reach into my embellishment drawers and 2. to get a good photo! 

The piece the actual "picture" is on opens to the right (there is a "natural" photo below) so getting a good picture was a challenge.  

For the card itself, I coloured the background (sky & grass) with chalk pencils and then "softened" the colours using a piece of paper towel and doodled the edge around the photo. 

I didn't finish the inside of this one yet because I'm not sure what occasion I will use it for - I do feel it could be used for just about anything but since the inside of this card is "finished" there is a photo below of that as well.

Here is a picture with the front closed "flat"..........



The Inside


And the card front as it "naturally" sits 


Card Recipe
Stamp: Lenny's Love Me Nots - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket - Tea for Two and Crate Paper - Random
Coloured With Spectrum Noir Markers
Chalk: General's Chalk Pencils
Doodling: Zig Memory System black pen
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black 

Thanks for stopping by! Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.





2 comments :

  1. This is a really cute card! I love how the card design opens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh fab card Donna! Love your fancy fold and gorgeous colouring too!
    Thanks for playing along at High Hopes :)

    ReplyDelete