Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 9 July 2015

Happy In A Sandtrap?!

Bob loves golf and I think he is the only one who would look this happy in a sand trap! 

I don't golf but for many who do, finding themselves in a sand trap once and awhile is a reality - or so I'm told





A close up of the sand


The first time I tried adding sand to my card, I did it on the white background and I didn't like the look. I was up to my eyeballs in white glue and sand - although I did feel like I was at the beach for awhile! 
So, I coloured the area with an alcohol marker that matched the sand and then applied my glue and sand - I am much happier with this!
 I used the negative space of a chunky grass die to create my grass edge and outlined with a .01 Zig marker. 
I added some Wink of Stella to his glasses although it is hard to see. 
I coloured Bob with alcohol markers (list below) and paper pieced his pants and hat. The sky is coloured with a light blue chalk pencil and I added cotton balls for some whispy clouds. I finished the card off with some eyelets from my stash and some hemp cord and popped the "scene" up with pop dots. 

Card Recipe
Stamp: Bob Loves Golf, Sentiment Set #4 - High Hopes
General's Chalk Pencils 
Patterned Paper: The Best of My Minds Eye
Chunky Grass Die: Your Next Stamp
Zig Millenium Marker
Sand: Decor Sand - Activa (Michael's)
Wink of Stella 
Cotton Balls
Hemp twine
Eyelets: stash 
3D Foam Squares: Scrapbook Adhesives

Spectrum Noir Markers
Skin: FS2 FS3 TN2 FS8
Hair: EB6 EB3 EB5
Socks: DR1 DR5 DR7
Clubs: EB3 EB5 1G1 1G4 1G5 1G8
Shirt: CT1 CT2 CT4 GB4
Grass: CG1 DG2
Glasses: BT2
Golf Bag: TN1 TN2 TN4 TN3 TN6 TN7
Shoes: BT2 BT4 1G1 
Sand: GB8


I hope you have enjoyed my post today. Thanks for stopping by! 


1 comment :

  1. I love all the extras! Sand....such a cool idea and cotton balls so cute! Great card as always Donna!

    ReplyDelete